Eric B. Irwin BA,LL.B.
Patti A. Eilers
Rodney P. Juba
City Council is the chief legislative body of municipalities and has been a feature of city government for decades. Dauphin’s beauty, safe streets and thriving economy are a tribute to the hard work and dedication of past and present council members. An elected council of Mayor, Deputy Mayor and five councilors governs the City of Dauphin. Council meets approximately the second and fourth Monday of each month at 5:00 p.m. in the Council Chambers at City Hall.
Any Delegation may present before Council. As per The City of Dauphin’s Procedures By-law, below are some instructions for such a presentation:
- The delegation should submit to the Chief Administrative Officer’s attention, at least five (5) days prior to a Council meeting, a letter stating the topic and scope of the presentation.
- There is not a limit to the number of Delegations included on the agenda of a Council meeting, but the Chief Administrative Officer is granted authority to schedule Delegations as deemed appropriate.
- The Delegation must appoint a Spokesperson to present. The Spokesperson will address the chair during the presentation. All communication between the Delegation and the Council will be done through the Spokesperson and the Chair.
- The Chair may limit the time taken by a Delegation to fifteen (15) minutes.
- After the Delegation presents, the Chair may ask Council if they have any questions or require any clarification from the Spokesperson.