Curbside Giveaway Weekend
Give your reusable, unwanted items a new home and keep them out of the landfill! Set them out at the curb on Giveaway Weekend and tour your neighbourhood, community and city to find hidden treasures!
- Saturday, September 18, 2021 & Sunday, September 19, 2021
- Rain Dates: Saturday, September 25, 2021 & Sunday, September 26, 2021
What to give
- Books, CDs & DVDs
- Furniture & small appliances
- Sports equipment & toys in good condition
- Yard & gardening equipment
- Construction material & tools
What to do
- Place unwanted, reusable household items at the curb on your front street.
- Label each item with a “FREE” sticker or sign.
- Keep any items safely stored away that you don’t want to give away.
- Remove leftover items from the curb by dusk on Sunday, September 19, 2021. Those items remaining at the curb after 7:00 a.m. on Monday, September 20, 2021, will be removed and disposed of by the City of Dauphin for a $50 minimum fee.
What not to give
- Items that are not reusable.
- Items harboring bed bugs or that could potentially be infested (e.g., mattresses or furniture and bedding) Visit the Consumer Protection Safety Bureau website at ca/en/health-canada/services/consumer-product-safety/reports-publications/consumer-education/facts-garage-sale-vendors.html to find out about items that aren’t safe to give away (e.g., baby walkers, cosmetics).
- Take only the items at the curb marked “FREE”.
- Respect other people’s property – don’t walk or drive on people’s lawns or gardens.
- Giveaway items should be in good condition.
- Don’t discard any items on another person’s lawn.
- Obey the traffic laws at all times (e.g., don’t block traffic, park illegally or block people’s driveways with your vehicle) and watch out for children.
What to do with your leftover items
- Remove them from the curb before 7:00 a.m. on Monday, September 20, 2021.
- Items not removed will result in a minimum $50 removal and disposal fee.
- Consider donating unwanted items to local charitable organizations such as The Almost New Store (204-638-0490) and Parkland Crossing (204-638-3333, clothing only).
Contact City Hall at 204-622-3200 for further information.