To clear your streets as quickly and efficiently as possible for all traffic, including emergency vehicles.
- When a “Snow Event” is declared for a Snow Zone, a Parking Ban will be in effect in that Snow Zone.
- Motorists are asked to remove their vehicles/trailers from the street during a Parking Ban.
- Vehicles/trailers found on the street during a Parking Ban may be ticketed or towed.
A Snow Zone is an area of the City where crews will focus their efforts. There are five Snow Zones (Snow Zone Map)
Information on the Snow Zone Parking Ban will be broadcast through the following avenues:
- Website Notices (www.dauphin.ca)
- Email Notifications (free subscription at www.dauphin.ca Home Page)
- Parking Ban Signs (orange – placed at major entry points of the Snow Zone)
- Radio Stations (CKDM, 97.7 Star, 91.5 NCI FM)
- Electronic Sign Board at City Hall (100 Main Street S)
- Facebook – CEDT
During and after a Snow Event, streets will be plowed in the following order (please refer to the above Snow Zone Map)
- Priority Routes
- Snow Zones (usually a day ahead of the garbage cycle)
- Driveways as necessary (only if a ridge greater than 30 cm/12 inches was left by City snow clearing equipment)
- Back Lanes (only if over 20 cm of accumulation)