CURBSIDE YARD WASTE COLLECTION PROGRAM
- Grass Clippings
- Pine Needles and Pine Cones
- Small Branches
- Wood Chips
- Non-Animal Food Scraps (Fruits, Vegetables, Coffee Grounds, etc.)
Use the link below for quick access to:
The City of Dauphin and Ottenbreit Sanitation Services (OSS) have partnered together to provide recycling services beginning September 2016. Your recycling will continue on the same 4-day schedule, where your garbage and recycling will be picked up on the same day every second week. Please click Bylaw 09/2016 to view the Waste and Recycling Management bylaw.
Use the links below for quick access to:
- Letter from City of Dauphin Council
- OSS Letter to City of Dauphin Residents
- Recycling Frequently Asked Questions
- How to Use Your Rolling Recycling Container
- Recycling Guide
- 2018 Garbage, Recycling & Yard Waste Collection Schedule & Map
- 4 Day Collection Map
Electronic recycling (E-waste) is still accepted at the OSS depot, located on Whitmore Ave East behind Norwex. This service is provided free of charge to local residents and is a welcomed service in our community. Questions can be directed to Ottenbreit Sanitation Services at 204-783-6995. An approved list of acceptable items is available at http://recyclemyelectronics.ca/mb/consumers/what-can-i-recycle/
Please click Bylaw 11 2017 to view Fees & Charges For Municipal Services.
In September 2011, the City of Dauphin introduced rolling garbage containers to citizens and businesses. At that time, Bylaw 13/2011 Being a Bylaw the City of Dauphin to Establish a Waste Collection, Disposal, and Recycling System was passed. Over the course of the last two and one half years, the majority of residents and businesses have done a great job of filling containers properly, rolling them out right before the set garbage day, orienting them correctly for pick up, and rolling them back beside the house, garage, or business right after the garbage has been collected.
As with many bylaws, there are consequences associated with not following the rules. Those residents and business owners who roll their containers out sooner than the night before pickup, or leave them out later than the end of their garbage collection day, may be fined $50.
Bylaw 09-2016 outlines the processes and rules of how our waste is collected and disposed of. In an effort to encourage recycling, Bylaw 09-2016 also has some weight and volume limits, restricting the amount of waste that can be placed in the container for disposal on a bi-weekly basis. Starting in February 2014, the City of Dauphin’s Bylaw Enforcement Officer will be inspecting properties, and noting which ones have rolling waste containers exhibiting the following violations:
- Container has too much volume of waste in it – lid must be closed; no “extra bags” of garbage may be placed beside the container for pick-up
- Container is left on the street for too long before or after the day of garbage pickup – containers may be placed at the curb the night before, and retrieved the night of, the waste collection day
- Container is not stored property between collection days – container should be stored inside a garage or shed, or neatly beside a building
- Container has unacceptable material in it – no hazardous waste or ashes are to be disposed of
- Container has too much weight of waste in it – no more than 100 kg/220 pounds
- Container is not placed correctly for pick up – City logo should face the street/wheels face the curb, and containers should be 1 metre/3 feet away from each other and from vehicles
If your rolling waste container is found to violate any of the above rules, your waste will not be picked up that week. It will be your responsibility to dispose of this waste. Furthermore, continued violations of the above offenses could result in fines, in addition to your waste not being removed.
We are all proud of our City, and work hard to keep it neat and clean. If you have questions regarding the use or storage of your rolling waste container, please contact our Bylaw Enforcement Officer at 204-622-3225.
Waste Disposal Site
Hours of Operation:
Winter Hours (Thanksgiving Tuesday- April 30)
Tuesday to Saturday – 9:00am to 4:30pm
Sunday, Monday and Holidays – CLOSED
Summer Hours (May 1- Thanksgiving Weekend)
Monday to Friday- 8:30am to 7:00pm
Saturdays 8:00am to 4:00pm
Sunday and Holidays- CLOSED
Contact Info: 204-622-3189
Location: SW ¼ 20-25-19 WPM