Voter eligibility for Mayor / Councillor
To vote for Mayor / Councillor, you must be:
- a Canadian citizen; and
- 18 years of age or older on Election Day (October 26, 2022); and
- an actual resident or property owner in the City of Dauphin for a period of at least six months (since April 26, 2022)
The following determines the residency of a voter:
- voter is a resident of the place where they have their ordinary residence, and to which they intend to return when away from it
- voter may be a resident of only one place at a time
- voter does not change residence until they have a new residence
A person who leaves a municipality for temporary reasons is still considered a resident voter. For example, a student attending university or college outside the municipality, but who intends to return home after the term ends, is considered a resident voter.
A voter may vote only once in the same election, regardless of whether they own multiple properties.
For more detailed information regarding voting eligibility, please consult: